Archive of previous posts

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pop-apart Cell Phones

On Page 119, I found an interesting little excerpt on recycling cell phones. Never really thinking about where cellphones go after they die in the virtual world, I read that usually they are just shredded because they cost too much to pay someone to take apart; however, Nokia has come up with a phone design that pops apart in two seconds verses 2 minutes. To do this, a laser is just needed to heat up the phone to a certain degree which pops it apart. Really though, is all of this trouble really worth some old cellphone parts? Or could maybe this whole technology change the way we recycle other technological parts?

1 comment:

  1. I really like to open up my electronics once they break because inside they look really interesting. When my external hard drive broke I opened it up and took all of it apart and I saved the inside because it looks really cool and now that I read this I think it would be interesting to see some of these works with electronics, not just cell phones. Many artists do whatever they have to do to create what they have in mind and I think this is the case here. No matter how much trouble they have to go through all they want is a good result at the end.

    ReplyDelete