Archive of previous posts

Friday, October 23, 2009

World Changing 2: Hug Shirt


Here's a strange thing I came across in World Changing. It's called a Hug Shirt. It's a shirt with many tiny micro sensors that generate the sensation of being hugged. the embedded sensors pick up body temperature and heartbeat from a loved one over the phone. then the sensors create pressure that mimic the sensation of being hugged.

For me, this might be fun as a novelty item. These days, so many interactions seem to be replaced by electronics, and I feel, some things should be preserved for face to face interactions.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this being a great novelty gift, but yess i feel a hug is the last thing that needs to be replaced. I guess the other time it would be of good use would be for distant family. We just shouldn't jump so far a head of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete