Archive of previous posts

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Woman sues Google over walking directions

Click on this link to read a Washington Post article about a woman who sued Google because, while following the route it provided her for a walk, she was hit by a car.  She argues that the route was not "reasonably safe" for a pedestrian.  (Note: read the full article before you come to a conclusion about the strength of her claims!)  Do you think Google should be liable for any potential dangers created by the directions it provides?  For a more comical example, think of the episode of The Office in which two of the characters end up driving their car into a pond while trying to follow GPS directions.

1 comment:

  1. The article is not there, but from what I read here I find this article funny because many people (like me) depend a lot on the gps or google maps. If I don't have my google maps from the phone I would probably get lost everyday. I am really bad with directions but if I see that the directions that it is giving me are strange I definitely look it up in a different place. I don't think google should be responsible because the woman could have easily looked for another route or even look while walking. You can get hit by a car anywhere really so I think it is dumb of her to sue google.

    ReplyDelete